This brand was founded in Glashutte in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolph Lange, first employed in the watchmaking workshop with his brother-in-law and a few apprentices. In 1868, with the arrival of his son, he definitively changed the name to A. Langhe & Sohne and transferred the activity to a new factory. In the years that followed, he began producing prestigious watches that were appreciated around the world until the end of the Second World War. During the years of conflict, he mainly built watches for the navy, airmen and 'observation watches' for the Deutsche Wehrmacht, the German army. Air raids almost destroy the factory, forcing the property to cease operations and Walter Langhe, great-grandson of the founder of the house, is forced to flee his country.